Security Enabler Prototype
The Security Enabler implements the Security by Contract with Trust. It takes NS Policies as input, and returns a new policy for the CONNECTor; it then takes as input the description automaton of the CONNECTor and the policy obtained by the Negotiation phase, and checks if the contract satisfies the policy; if it does not, an instrumented version of the library package is returned, that is ensured not to violate the policy.
At the implementation level, the Security Enabler is modeled as a Java OSGi Bundle. The following tools have been used for the component development:
• Eclipse Helios IDE as develop environment.
• Eclipse Equinox 3.7 as OSGi container.
• Apache BCEL 5.2 libraries for the CONNECTor instrumentation.
• JDom 1.1 libraries for XML Policy parsing.
• Java RMI for the invocation of the methods exposed by the Security Enabler. • JMS for the communication with the Monitoring Enabler.
Reference: Gabriele Costa
Access Control Negotiation
The access control negotiation mechanism aims at assuring that two systems, which in principle do not trust each other, can communicate with one another according to their own security and trust requirements.
The tool package contains:
Reference: Francesco Roperti